Concerned about the burdensome and escalating costs of healthcare?
We designed the HOHC Personal Health Care Program to make high-quality medical care services available to you at a price you can afford—services that improve your quality of health by fixing the root cause of your symptoms.
We’ve created three core healthcare programs to give you a more personal relationship with your doctor—a relationship where medical decisions are not controlled by insurance companies, escalating premiums and fewer covered services. These plans are especially helpful if you have a high deductible.
For under $2 a day, you and your family can receive holistic services not covered by insurance.
The best way to avoid costly medical bills is to improve your overall health and well-being. Our holistic approach addresses the whole body, often including therapies that are known to work but are considered “wellness” or are not yet part of mainstream medicine. Unfortunately, despite their proven effectiveness and overall cost savings, most insurance plans exclude coverage for “wellness”, “maintenance” and/or many holistic therapies—even after you have met your deductible.
Nearly a third of all medical fees go toward the high costs of billing and insurance-related activities. Eliminate insurance-related expenses and get huge savings for the care you want.
We recommend you take these steps:
- Save hundreds of dollars monthly on insurance premiums. Choose a high-deductible insurance plan ($1250 individual or more) that’s medical savings account compatible (HSA or FSA).
- Put tax-advantaged (pre-tax) dollars into your HSA or FSA—up to $3300 single/$6550 family for 2014. You can open an HSA at any bank if you have a compatible insurance plan. These accounts can be used for non-insurance-covered care including wellness visits & holistic care, and while you meet your deductibles, saving you up to 40 percent on your healthcare costs.
- Get huge discounts at HOHC by joining the Personal Health Care Program that fits your needs.
What do our membership plans include?
Annual medical and wellness examinations, lifestyle evaluation, a review of applicable preventive healthcare and treatment options, and a written plan for each member of your family. Plus you receive discounts on the services you need.
Or save even more with our bundled pre-pay membership levels.
Specifically, membership includes:
- A free annual physical and wellness examination per member. This includes a thorough review of dietary and lifestyle factors, a detailed review of preventive healthcare recommendations based on current medical research, and a written, comprehensive plan designed to help you achieve the healthiest state possible.
- Low-cost office visits to address chronic disease (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, chronic fatigue, heart disease, obesity, high cholesterol) and acute illness, injury management.
- Very reduced cost office visits for unexpected acute care when you are sick or injured.
- Access to a growing library of information, including educational handouts and professional presentations.
- A statement that reflects member prices and that you can submit to your HSA, employer for your FSA, insurance plan or for tax purposes.
What is not included:
- The cost of outside lab work (blood, urine, or biopsy samples).
- X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, colonoscopies, or any other tests that are performed outside of our office. We are working to negotiate discounts for our members.
- Consultations with specialists. Whenever possible, we refer our patients to independent physicians who understand our approach to health care.
- Insurance billing and documentation. Nearly a third of medical fees go toward billing and insurance-related activities. By re-designing our fee structure to remove these expenses and pass the savings on to you, we lower the cost of care to everyone. We will happily give you a statement that you can submit to your insurance plan and that reflects your member prices. In the rare event that your plan requests additional supporting notes or other documentation, there is a small per-page charge.
- Legal proceedings costs.
How to I sign up for these savings?
Very simple… Just speak with our staff about the membership package and payment plan that works best for you. There’s a simple membership form and you can pre-pay for the exact services you need by credit card, cash or check.
 Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are different forms of savings accounts. Both an FSA and HSA allow you to place thousands of pre-tax dollars each year into your account. An FSA is run by your employer and unused funds return to your employer at the end of the year. Funds in your HSA are yours for life.
My wife and I have been with Hands On Health Care since it began. We have enjoyed access to the best of general and family practice available, in our opinion, anywhere, not just Albuquerque. Health care from Hands On stays on top of the most recent and advanced knowledge, but what truly makes the difference is the time Dr. Childers and the staff spend with each patient, listening and not rushing. Good health care is available in many places, but quality health care delivered with humanity and compassion is rare. —Fred Barnett and Camille Luedke
We focus on you—we pride ourselves in economical and effective health care—we get results.
ASK ABOUT OUR ONLINE SPECIAL FOR NEW CLIENTS
I went from being so tired I could hardly work, I had gained sooo much weight, plus my hair was falling out, to GREAT energy and This path is not a quick fix but it is a permanent one: feeding your body naturally instead of poisoning it with prescriptions. It just makes sense.
I’ve shed those extra pounds.
I went from being so tired I could hardly work, I had gained sooo much weight, plus my hair was falling out, to GREAT energy and
This path is not a quick fix but it is a permanent one: feeding your body naturally instead of poisoning it with prescriptions. It just makes sense.